Bollywood and Bhangra workshops at AMC's Museum of Asian Music
As part of Latymer Prep School's 'Incredible India' week the Asian Music Circuit delivered two days of school workshops focusing around Bollywood and Bhangra dance. Eight groups of between 21-30 children aged between 7-11 visited the AMC's Museum of Asian Music. The hour-long sessions were split up into two activities, a dance workshop and a visit to the AMC's Museum of Asian Music, Acton.
DANCE WORKSHOP CONSISTED OF:
- Group Warm up; stretching and loosening muscles for dance class following the teacher
- Interactive teaching of Indian Bollywood and Bhangra dance moves
- Learning Hindi through singing the words out aloud.
- Following the teachers energetic dance choreography
- Group performances
- Group feedback sessions
The museum visit was divided into 4 sections for which the children were given an education resource pack to work through, devised by the AMC and teachers at Latymer Prep School.
These activities included:
- Drawing Indian Instruments
- Researching information on Indian instruments from AMC's touch screen information
- Challenging to sing a Raga - on AMC's 'Virtual Guru'
- Developing a raga using body movement in AMC's 'Sound Beam Chamber'.
For bookings or further information on our workshops please contact Jasel@amc.org.uk